This privacy and usage policy sets out how Caribbean Landscape Products, Corp. uses and protects any information that you give Caribbean Landscape Products, Corp. when you use this website.
It also describe limitations for your use of content and images in the website.
Caribbean Landscape Products, Corp. is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Caribbean Landscape Products, Corp. may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from September 1, 2008.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Name and job title
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional email about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail.
- We may use the information to customize the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. Despite our best efforts, it may happen that our security is compromised and we can not guarantee the absolute privacy of your information. In the unlikely event that your information is taken in ways unauthorized by Caribbean Landscape Products, Corp., we can not be held liable for the use or misuse of your information, or for any consequences of such use or misuse.
Currently, four areas of our website display contact information of individuals and companies: The About us, Store, Portfolio and Contact Us pages. This information is accessible by the general public and is therefore subject to use or misuse by any individual. Caribbean Landscape Products, Corp. is not liable for any use or misuse of this information, or for any consequences of such use or misuse. Individuals should consider the low security status of this information and may request at any time for Caribbean Landscape Products, Corp. to remove this information.
3Cookies and other methods to improve your browsing experience
When you enter the Caribbean Landscape Products, Corp. website and identify yourself as a particular user type, that identification is stored and remains in the system for the duration of your online session. This allows you to be directed to pages that apply to your user type. This user type information only exists during one session. Each time you enter the Caribbean Landscape Products, Corp. website you will be directed to identify your user type.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We may use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This would help us analyze data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We would only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies would help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
4Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
5Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, you will see certain fields we have identified as ‘mandatory’. If you do not wish to reveal this information, then you may call Caribbean Landscape Products, Corp. at (787) 234-2198 and relay your request by phone.
- If you have previously supplied Caribbean Landscape Products, Corp. with your personal information, you may request that information to be erased from our records by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- When you contact Caribbean Landscape Products, Corp. by email or form submission, Caribbean Landscape Products, Corp. is allowed by law to contact you by email for newsletters, promotions and announcements. These communications have an unsubscribe link at the bottom of the message. This can be used to remove your email from our email distribution system. When you remove your email in this way, Caribbean Landscape Products, Corp. will not be able to add it back into the system. Emails from individual Caribbean Landscape Products, Corp. employees do not use our bulk email system so they will not have the unsubscribe link. To prevent any Caribbean Landscape Products, Corp. employee from contacting you via email, you will need to mail or email that request to email@example.com.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. The only exception to this rule is that we may share your information with our authorized distributors and representatives. These companies are informed of our privacy policies and agree to abide by our policies and limit use of your information solely for the purposes of promotion and communication related to Caribbean Landscape Products, Corp. products and services.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible (address at the bottom of this page). We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
6ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
This website and its content is copyright of Caribbean Landscape Products, Corp. – © Caribbean Landscape Products, Corp. 2008. All rights reserved.
Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
- You may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your personal use.
- You may copy the content to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge the website as the source of the material.
You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.
Caribbean Landscape Products, Corp. grants limited use rights of content (including text and images) for purposes of promoting the use of Caribbean Landscape Products, Corp. products and services, or for educational or research purposes. Such use is only authorized with written permission from Caribbean Landscape Products, Corp. by writing to, or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Individuals or businesses may link to the Caribbean Landscape Products, Corp.website without express permission.
The following are exceptions to this policy (these businesses may not link to the Caribbean Landscape Products, Corp. website):
- Websites that are pornographic, exploitative or otherwise objectionable.
- Websites that may use this link in ways not aligned with the mission and goals of Caribbean Landscape Products, Corp..
- Any other website that Caribbean Landscape Products, Corp. deems unsuitable for linking.
Caribbean Landscape Products, Corp. does not currently engage in any link exchange program so there is no implied or actual responsibility for Caribbean Landscape Products, Corp. to link to any other website